2D Game Artist
GremlinsGold.com Inc., is looking for a 2D Game Artist to join our social gaming startup. GremlinsGold.com Inc. creates innovative, engaging social games
Note: We're extremely selective, with an emphasis on smarts, ethics and positive attitude. And we believe in small teams working collaboratively to build great products. If you are looking to make an impact on (and share in) the success of our business, work with a talented team, and have a little fun in the process, please send us your information. We'd like to meet you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
At GremlinsGold.com Inc., small teams of artists, designers, and engineers work together to collaborate on exciting games. A 2D artist will contribute anything from concept sketches and mock-ups to finished production-ready art for use in a game. An artist might be called upon to work on anything from a detailed, beautifully-rendered painting to be used in marketing graphics or splash screens to working on small simple graphics for icons and buttons ... Or even working on the buttons themselves, as our games often need GUIs as well! You'll meet with the team to talk about and show off your work, make changes as needed, and work with engineers to ensure that your work is properly implemented into the game. You'll have a decent amount of leeway to create really cool stuff, and will hopefully be excited about contribute to the game design itself.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Illustration experience in Photoshop or Painter; Illustrator or Flash experience highly desirable but not a must.
- Great sense of line and form, color and lighting, human anatomy, technical and architectural design, and environmental painting skills
- Strong character and environment design skills are big plus
- Ability to work with a broad range of subjects and styles, from detailed and rendered paintings like you might see in console game or films concept art to simple and cartoony and more appropriate for a light-hearted casual game. And anywhere in-between!
- Strong passion for gaming, especially in the social/casual sphere. Experience working on them desirable but not absolutely necessary
- 3D experience a plus but not required
- Strong cross-functional communications skills; verbal, written, and visual
- Ability to take direction well and to play well with others. No prima donnas!
- A desire to grow your skills and experience
- A terrific sense of humor.
We have an immediate opportunity via the Youth Employment Program (Government of Canada's commitment to help young Canadians (aged 15 to 30) obtain career information, develop skills, find good jobs and stay employed. Through federal departments and agencies, among others, the Youth Employment Strategy assists employers in hiring young Canadians.)
To be eligible for the Youth Employment Program, graduates must:
- be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada
- be between 15 and 30 years old (inclusive)
- have graduated from a post-secondary institution
- not be in receipt of Employment Insurance benefits
- be legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial legislation and regulations
- be a first-time youth participant in a placement of the Career Focus Program of theYouth Employment Strategy
Send us an email to
. Please be sure to include a link to your portfolio.
If you have any questions, email
and we'll get back to you shortly.
To learn more about our company, visit http://www.gremlinsgold.com/